Wednesday 19 January 2011

Golden Globes Red Carpet Fashion

Hey everyone, how are we all? Hope you’re having fun trying out the varsity trend!

For those of you who prefer glamour, the most exciting time on the showbiz calendar is definitely red carpet season, where celebrities don their best frocks and sashay down the red carpets for awards ceremonies. This year’s Golden Globes were no different, with a very muted colour palette: blacks, taupes, with splashes of emerald green and red. Here are my hits (and misses!), as well as some gorgeous red carpet ready dress from here at Yours Clothing!




It was great to see some curvier women on the red carpet – both on a smaller scale (Christina Hendricks) and on a larger one (Amber Riley). I think both of them picked perfect dresses, especially as I’m personally a sucker for ruffles and sparkles. Good work, ladies!





The celebrities who sparkled were definitely my favourite. I loved Anne Hathaway’s Armani Prive dress – which looked backless, but wasn’t! – and Angelina Jolie stunned everyone by wearing beautifully bright Atelier Versace. I also loved Sandra Bullock’s dressy bohemian look from Jenny Packham.





Ah, my eyes! As much as I love Gabourey Sidibe, this wasn’t a good look. The print just looks incredibly tacky, and far too casual for an awards ceremony. It’s a real shame, as she looks absolutely radiant – check out that beautiful smile! As for Helena Bonham Carter, I have to respect her for this, even though a lot of people hated it. Helena is being resolutely herself, and a total individual, so props to her.

If you’re after some beautifully dressy gowns in plus sizes, then look no further than Yours Clothing. Here are my top 3:




1: Black Frill One Shoulder Maxi Dress £20
2. Black Asymmetric Hem Plait Detail Mesh Dress £25
3. Black Embellished Strapless Maxi Dress £30


What do you think, peeps? Did you have any other favourite outfits from the Golden Globes? Remember you can always comment, tweet or leave a wall post on Facebook
and I’d love to chat!

Lots of love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment