Wednesday 12 January 2011

Designer Look of the Week – American Prep

Hello my dears! It looks like Yours’ oversized top is a big hit with you all – and I’ve just found that they are bringing in a burnt orange colour version as well, which is great! I will let you know as soon as they’re available to buy.

A big high street trend at the moment is the American preppy, high school look topped off with varsity jackets. It’s a great trend for those of you who prefer something more casual and easy to wear, and for us glamour-pusses who fancy a day off!

I first noticed the trend back in 2009 in designer Alexander Wang’s spring runway show. Everything was heavily influenced by American sports and had a huge dose of cheerleader chic, with the high street soon following suit:



Since then a stream of celebs have rocked the trend, including Leona Lewis and Rihanna. Here are my top varsity picks from Yours Clothing’s American Preppy collection!




Mickey Mouse Sweatshirt

Indigo Denim Pencil Skirt


Grey Marl Scoop Neck Sweater


Navy & White Stripe Canvas Bag

Grey Marl Number Sweater

Shoes, Diesel

What do you think guys? I particularly love the Grey Marl Scoop Neck Sweater, as it’s so versatile. I like things to be a bit more edgy, so I’d spruce it up with brown leather accessories for going out! And who couldn’t love Mickey Mouse? I just want to throw on some leggings and trainers and feel super comfy.

Until next time everyone – in the meantime if you have any comments or questions feel free to comment here, tweet me or leave a comment on Facebook.

Lots of love,

Lauren xx

1 comment:

  1. Hey I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading your blog. You have good views, Keep up the good informative info :)

    ReplyDelete