Wednesday 22 December 2010

Yours Stores: Ilford and Romford

Hello everyone, hope you're all well and enjoying the dusting of snow! Don’t forget to send us your outfit photos so we can feature them on the blog!

Being an Essex girl, I'm lucky enough to live close to two Yours Clothing stores - lucky me! I've been a regular to the Yours shop in Romford for years, and recently another opened in Ilford which is even closer. I decided to pop down and visit both and take some photos to share with you all on the blog. Let me know what you think!

ILFORD










The first thing I noticed about the new Ilford store was how big it was, and it's in a great location, too - on the 1st floor of the Ilford Exchange, next to Clintons. The black, white and pink colour theme is my favourite, so I loved the decor and how everything was laid out - especially the dressing rooms with their silver brocade print wallpaper - methinks I need some of that for a bedroom makeover!

As you can see, I tried on the military dress, sequin dress and tassle dress. All were lovely and super comfortable, but the military dress was just so great and easy to wear that I snapped it up straight away.

I spoke to the lovely Emma, Ilford's keyholder (I keep wanting to say Keymaster, like in Ghostbusters!), who said that though she had only been with the company for three weeks she absolutely loved it. "The response has been amazing, everyone is so happy they've opened a Yours here." We also chatted about how much we love the clothes - Emma was wearing the military dress in grey stripes with leggings. "I practically live in this dress - and I've even sold a few as customers really liked how it looked on me! We're getting a purple version in soon. I checked it out on the website and it's gorgeous, I can't wait for it to come in!"


ROMFORD









I've shopped in Yours' Romford store for many years and the staff have always been so lovely, friendly and helpful!

At this store I tried on the lace accented maxi dress, One shoulder chiffon animal print tunic, and a flower print velvet tunic along with their bow belt. I loved all three but I'd definitely wear both tunics with leggings as they are of course quite short.

In store I spoke to Briony, also a keyholder. She started as Christmas temp three years ago while studying, but fell in love with the job and has stayed there ever since. We talked about the difference it makes actually being Yours customers as well as working there: "It means we understand where other customers are coming from, we understand their insecurities and what they might want to hide. And there are regulars who pop in 2 or 3 times a week, it's really social!" Briony told me she had been waiting for ages for nudes and pinks to make it into store, and is so happy they've come in!

Do any of you lovely readers visit these Yours stores? If you do, say hi! I’d love to hear more about your local Yours shops and maybe even come visit one day!

Lots of love,

Lauren Pocket Rocket xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment