Monday 20 December 2010

This Week's Look: Burlesque

Hello everyone, how are we all today?

First of all, don't forget to send me your favourite outfit photos featuring Yours Clothing items as I really want to feature you on the blog!

Earlier this week London hosted the UK premiere for the Christina Aguilera and Cher movie Burlesque, said to be a cross between Chicago and Coyote Ugly. Naturally, everyone's outfits on the red carpet reflected the Burlesque theme - my favourites were Aguilera herself and Immodesty Blaize, the UK's no 1 Burlesque artist.

While I can give or take Burlesque itself, I have always adored the dark, sultry, vintage look that it inspires, what with all that lace, all those sequins and feathers! I'm not the only one - the look is incredibly popular at the moment, and designer Zac Posen dedicated his most recent runway show to the Burlesque look.


I thought I'd come up with some Burlesque-inspired outfits made from items at Yours Clothing. There was actually so much to choose from, but I managed to whittle it down to three whole outfits - though believe me, I could have gone on all day! Hopefully if you've been struggling for a great look for your Christmas Party, they might provide a smidgen of information!

Outfit 1:
Tassell Dress £35,
Small Fake Fur Bag £10
Red Sequin Shrug £25
Shoes from Schuh






Outfit 2:
Sequin Dress £35
Black Fake Fur Jacket £34
Sequin Clutch £10
Shoes from Bordello
,bustier





Outfit 3:
Red Lace Bustier £15
Black Velvet Mini £16
Lace & Sequin Bustier £16
Lace Panel Clutch £12
Fishnet Hold-Ups £8
Shoes form Schuh


What do you think? I'm a huge fan of black and red together, but if you fancy a different colour scheme in outfit 1 then the sequin shrugs are also available in black, purple and pewter. If you're not keen on the red bustier, you'll be happy to know it's also available in black and silver lurex, purple or nude.

Hope you've enjoyed this post! If you have any other fashion themes you'd like me to explore then don't hesitate to either comment here or leave a message on the Yours Clothing facebook group!

Lots of love, Lauren xx

No comments:

Post a Comment