Friday 18 May 2012

“I’d like to return this please”- Yours Clothing Returns Procedure


If you are reading this then it means that you, like me, love a bit of online shopping with Yours; and who wouldn’t. After all you have far more choice as the website isn’t limited by space like the stores and has such an extensive range of items that get delivered right to your door; true convenience. The only snag is that you can’t try on the items before you actually buy them to see about the style, fit and sizing.

At times I have browsed the website and thought “that looks great”, so I order it in what I think is my size, it arrives promptly, I’m all excited, I slip it on and then my next thought is “is that really what it looks like on…oh no”.   It can be too small and so seems to emphasise every single flaw in my body and to my horror even seems to create new ones, or too big which briefly makes me smile as I think my rabbit food diet and hard core gym sessions are paying off but the item does not flatter me at all. Or even the shape and style just doesn’t suit and I think “pfft looked good on the model... they must have photo-shopped her ...as this looks awful”.  So in these circumstances I really have two options; either keep it and just shove it to the back of the wardrobe never to see daylight, or return it which fortunately is a relatively simple thing to do with Yours Clothing.



Within my parcel I now have a returns form entitled “Introducing our new returns procedure”. Looks simple enough I just right in the products that I’m returning and the reason why. It asks for an order ID number which I find is written on my invoice and also asks for my surname and postcode… obviously I know what they are, I’d be concerned if I didn’t.  Right seems to be all in order now to just send it to them.

When I placed the order I did purchase a pre-paid returns label, which turns out to be a collect+ label… not had one of these before. Fortunately on the label it tells me how to find out my nearest collect+ location by going on the Collect+ website and entering my postcode, and with over 4000 locations I’m sure there’s got to be one close-by… and there is, at my local newsagents. Turns out these labels cannot be used at the Post Office, not a problem because I can get some little nibbles from the newsagents, much tastier than buying stamps. So I take it to the newsagents and am given a receipt with a tracking number, this is quite a good service and for £1.49 cheaper than the Post Office to.

If you don’t purchase a collect+ label for whatever reason then you can pay to return it at the Post Office or you can go to the collect+ website and buy a label for £3.99. It’s a little bit annoying as you don’t know if you want to return the items before you have actually received them and so don’t know whether to risk buying the label in advance or not. From my experience I’d say get it... it’s valid for 21 days so you can always use it on your next purchase, or just post the label back to Yours and they will refund the £1.49.

Once Yours received my return they sent me an email to notify me about my refund and how long it will take. The email seems to also mention something about opting for credit. This is where the return value is put in to your “Yours Account” rather than back to your bank account, allowing you to order the other item using the credit rather than your card. The added bonus to using credit that the delivery charge is automatically half price, so standard delivery is only £2… “Can’t get much for £2 these days” my Grandma would say so that’s a real bargain.

All in all I think that the returns procedure that Yours are offering is pretty simple and effective. The company has never and probably will never offer free returns as they explain that the costs of the products will have to increase to swallow the costs of the returns service, which makes sense to me. Obviously my lazy side wants my return parcel to be collected, but this collect+ service is a great alternative and is probably much cheaper than what that service would cost if it were ever provided. So overall purchasing items just takes a few simple clicks and returning them takes a few simple steps.

For more information on our returns procedure click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment